Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sorry Please Play Again

The greatest fulfillment of grade 12 is without a doubt English 12. I enjoyed this class so much I've decided to indulge myself in it for a second time. My excitement for repeating this course unfortunately is not mirrored by Mr. Van Camp. A reason for his lack of excitement MAY be the fact that I am perhaps better looking than him. It could also be the fact that I have a plethora of hair underneath my hat, whereas he has less hair then he has excitement to see me again. The everyday routine of classes are put to rest in this class of exciting, and entertaining hour and twenty minute long gong show. Between Mr. Van Camp's absurd voice overs of novels, and his infamous "satellite debris" we have the joy of writing extensively long essays attempting to persuade the reader, entertain the reader, and synthesize literature for the reader. Although writing these works of art is in fact entertaining, reading the self proclaimed beautiful poetry is almost as repetitive as a Beatles album. As the majority of the class groans and complains in agony at the thought of reading any more poetry, there is always one brave soul in the class who has a guilty pleasure for the art of poetry. Fortunately I am not that soul. Debatebly the most intense aspect of this class is the mind-to-mind combat by way of debating. Many students refer to this as "Master-debating", the ultimate form of intellectual combat.  English 12 is outrageous, it is exciting, and it is definitely the best part of grade 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment